Sunday, November 6, 2016

Using Animoto for Social Writing

Image result for animoto
This week, I used Animoto to write about My Journey to the Ocean. This type of photo story could address the following two standards for middle school students:

 Our original directions for the project were to make a photo story of a minimum of four scenes using text and music to enhance the presentation. Therefore, my directions for a class assignment would be to explain a journey in their lives, whether it be the first time they came to America or visited a new place. They would need to use the phrase "I would" at least twice in their presentation.

 There would also be a part of the assignment where the students would comment on what they did well and what they could improve on for the next video. I would assess their videos with the following rubric:



I especially like this rubric because it is very clear to see what is expected out of the language component of the slides. They have to have a beginning, middle, end of their journey in order for the students to receive full credit.



1 comment:

  1. Very relaxing! I liked the inclusion of the rubric which is age-appropriate.

    ReplyDelete